Monday 16 June 2008

Sick . Tired . Blah....

Yep, that pretty much sums up how I've felt the past 4wks! Firstly, we all came down with tonsillitis, bronchitis and wonderful ear infections, then after recovering from those we now have these never-ending head colds with lots of snotty noses and coughing fits through the night (lovely picture, isn't it??!!). So not much computer time the last few weeks so again I'm running behind but am quickly trying to get caught up with everything now, phew!

To start I wanted to share this funny email that I was sent from my Mum recently! It gave me a laugh and you know how much I like to share the laughter:

Why God Made Mums
Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions:

Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the sticky tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2.. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my Mum just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean..
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.

Why did God give you your mother and not some other Mum?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's Mums like me.

What kind of little girl was your Mum?
1. My Mum has always been my Mum and none of that other stuff
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.

What did Mum need to know about Dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your Mum marry your Dad?
1. My Dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mum eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My Grandma says that Mum didn't have her thinking cap on.

Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mum doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
2. Mum. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess Mum is, but only because she has a lot more to do than Dad.

What's the difference between Mums & Dads?
1. Mums work at work and work at home and Dads just go to work at work.
2. Mums know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but Mums have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
4. Mums have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

What does your Mum do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your Mum perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect.. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your Mum, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my Mum smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.

LOL! Awwww, from the mouths of babes! Seriously, kids are hilarious aren't they?!

And onto something abit more fun I've been tagged (I have a strange feeling she felt sorry for me, lol!) by the wonderfully talented Lisa Barnes:

The Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others you like and tell why.
3. Tag 5 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Ok, now I'm an 80's chick through and through so I do warn you!

1: Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler | OMG! Beaches is one of my all-time favourite movies and I cry everytime I hear this song!
2: She's Like the Wind - Patrick Swayze | Yep, Dirty Dancing is another fave movie and I adore this song (How sad! LOL!)
3: Take My Breath Away - Berlin | Top Gun, come on, how could you not love this song!
4: Don't Lose My Number - Phil Collins | I had actually forgotten about this but I stole my Uncles Phil Collins tape when I was younger and listened to it over and over again, lol! This is one of my faves!
5: Underground - David Bowie | And yet another fave movie song, I adore the Labyrinth and watch it about once a week! I know I'm weird, lol!

Well, that was interesting, I've just discovered that I'm an 80's movie sop, lmao!

I have another tag to do but will get to that one in my next post! :-)

And what would a post be without some pics :-) I just bought a new lens but unfortunately haven't had much time/energy to get it out for a proper play yet so you will just have to put up with some "mummy snaps"!

Gotta love those baby blues!


Wow! I do have an older daughter! LOL! I know it's rare but Taylah at her Diva best!







This is what happens when I say: "Babe, can you hold this umbrella for mummy?"


5 secs before a huge tanty about said umbrella above, lol! Oh and tantrums now come with screaming at the top of her lungs like she is being murdered and slamming of her bedroom door. Can you please tell me it stops sometime before she's 18yrs old???!!!!


Shae is growing way too fast and drooling everywhere....


And she likes to eat grass....


And she knows how cute she is! :-)


Ok, will share more pics and other stuff another day! I'm spent!

XOX

2 Comments:

Blogger Danni said...

I was finding myself nodding with your song choices!!! Especially dirty dancing!! That movie is THE best. Your girls are adorable.. expecially Miss Shae!!! CUTE!!!

18 June 2008 at 12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so sweet, and I hope everyone feels better soon! Great songs, and movies too:)

Sarah Wheeler

22 June 2008 at 2:58 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home