Saturday 19 April 2008

Childhood....

When I was a kid, I had a second family! Sharon was my second Mum and lived up from us in a block of flats. I practically lived with her and her kids, Mandy and Jamieson! Since I was an only child up until I was 9yrs old, Mandy was my little Sister and Jamieson was a brother. When they moved out of the flats, I still went and stayed with them all the time. Sharon was quirky and funny and just Sharon! She would say I should be a giggle doll because I would giggle the whole time I was with them, lol! Our lives went on, she had another little girl Emma, we moved out of the flats and Sharon and family moved to Darwin.

We lost contact for a while but she was always my second Mum. You know the family friends who are just always there, even when they aren't??? Jamieson and I would always see each other. Sometimes a year, 2yrs would go by but then we would run into each other or a call would come out of the blue and it was like that time never even went by. Jamieson started a family and we kept in contact with each other more often. When I got married Sharon and Mandy (and Jamieson and his little brood) had to be there and it was great seeing them again. So life went on again, Sharon would send down presents for Taylah and we would chat about once a year. She came for a visit when Jassy was about 6wks old and we talked and talked and talked. After that though, we sort of lost track of each other. I would ask Jamieson how she was and she was always good but I never picked up the phone myself. I'm really bad for that, I spend the day thinking, I should call, I should call and just never pick up the phone! I need to learn to just pick up the phone!

So we had a visit from Jamieson last night, he tried converting us to country music. He swears that if we spent the day with him listening to "his" music that we would fall in love with it, lol! Mark and him had quite a few drinks, he left for home this morning and we had breakfast, got dressed and went to the shops. Then I got the phone call that I never thought I would get, it was Jamieson and he was telling me that "Mum" (Sharon) had been in a fatal car accident last night! I didn't understand, I thought it was a joke! I knew he would never joke like that and he didn't sound like he was joking but it must be a bad, bad joke! Unfortunately, no, it wasn't! My second Mum is gone and now I feel like a part of my childhood is gone. She was such a figment of fun and laughter from my childhood and she was always there, was always going to be there. Even if we never spoke again, she was just always there!

I know the memories will always linger but its hard to think that I will never chat with her again or she will never get to meet Shae! I will never laugh with her again!

Thanx for letting me get that out guys! We will be back to our regular programming soon!

XOX

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Kris :(

20 April 2008 at 11:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kris I am so sorry that is just awful :(

20 April 2008 at 10:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx Guys! XOX

20 April 2008 at 10:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kris, oh wow, I am just so sorry. She sounds like she made the most amazing impact on your life. You were so lucky to know her. Keep her in your heart and she truly will always be there and share your stories with your girls so that she will always be with them also. Big hugs to you.

22 April 2008 at 9:25 am  
Blogger andrea said...

Oh Kris, I'm so sorry. What a tragedy. Sending you love and strenght at this difficult time.

22 April 2008 at 8:41 pm  
Blogger fona25 said...

Kris, I'm so sorry to hear this - I hope you are ok.

24 April 2008 at 7:11 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home